The following are tips from the FCC for VoIP subscribers
- Provide your accurate physical address to your interconnected VoIP service provider to ensure that emergency services can quickly be dispatched to your location.
- Be familiar with your VoIP service provider’s procedures for updating your address, and promptly update address information in the event of a change.
- Have a clear understanding of any limitations of your 911 service.
Inform children, babysitters and visitors about your VoIP service and its 911 limitations, if any.
- If your power is out or your Internet connection is down, be aware that your VoIP service may not work. Consider installing a backup power supply, maintaining a traditional phone line or having a wireless phone as a backup.
- If you have questions about whether the phone service you are receiving is an interconnected VoIP service, contact your service provider for further information.
PSAPs currently lack the technical capability to receive texts, photos and video.
This and more information can be found on the FCC’s website http://www.fcc.gov/guides/voip-and-911-service
You can update your E911 information right from your VoicePulse FIVE portal on the Phone Numbers page. If you have any questions about E911 service or are unsure how to update your 911 information on VoicePulse, please contact Customer Support.